So, you have decided, at last to monetise from the email list you manage to collect! First of all let me congratulate you for having such list! There are still businesses out there, that do not realise the potential such a list could give to their revenues! Secondly, you should not only base your strategy on newsletters and offer campaigns. As I have already written in Email Marketing… The Next Step you should also consider spending some of your valuable money on Google Adwords by creating a Customer Match campaign.
Process of customer match campaign
Customer Match lets you upload a list of email addresses that your customers have given you, and when they’re signed in to Google Search, YouTube or Gmail, you can show them ads. This article explains the steps that you need to follow to create and manage your lists, along with the requirements.
- Access your Account and click on Shared Library. Then select the View option under the Audiences section.
- Click on the Remarketing List red button and select customer emails.
- Upload your list and name this new Audience with a descriptive title, so as to distinguish the different email lists you may have. The list should include more than 1000 emails so as the campaign to be accepted and run. The emails should not necessarily be only gmail, since google will try to match the non-gmail with a google account.
- Set your membership duration. It’s the option that lets you decide how long an email stays on your list. I suggest to keep as Non expiry and see how the campaign will go and then decide.
- Upload and save your list.
- When it’s going to be uploaded you will see a message like this:
- When you are deciding on the targeting options of your campaign, you need to head to the audience tab and select the remarketing red button. Then select the list that you wish to target directly from the Interests & Remarketing drop down menu.
- Finally, set up the targeting options. For the specific there are two options; “target and bid” to show your ads exclusively to the people on your selected lists and bid on them and “bid only” option to show ads to people on these lists, as well as others who fit the criteria of additional targeting methods.
So, after your email acquisition campaign you can test the quality of your emails also through Google Adwords and Customer Email Match!
[team-member name=”Nicholas Zartaloudis” image=”http://www.cityneversleeps.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/008-300×200.jpg” title=”Marketing Consultant, City Never Sleeps” social_twitter=”http://www.twitter.com/CNS_CC” social_facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/TheCityNeverSleepsLtd” social_linkedin=”http://gr.linkedin.com/in/nicholaszartaloudis/”]
Nicholas is an experienced Digital Marketing Professional. He is in the telecoms market the last 13 years. For full CV, please do not hesitate to visit his LinkedIn Page or contact him!
UK: +44(0) 7758 66 7472
GR: +30 697 7653 553